Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Del.icio.us

Del.icio.us is something I've used before but not something I keep coming back to. I think it's a very powerful tool I just don't see a personal need for it. I love the was the IS Desk has utilized it and I think it's very helpful to staff and patrons alike.

For my own personal bookmarks I save them the old fashioned way, in my browser. I know, I know the common argument against this and for delicious is that I won't be able to access these bookmarks from anywhere not to mention I'm losing out on the social aspect of it all. This is something I'm willing to give up at this point. I just don't need this many bookmarks in my life right now. I'd rather have my bookmark folders in Firefox and select one choosing "open all in tabs" and voila, I have all the daily visited sites open at once and I can check them all.

Also no matter how many times I use delicious I will always put the .'s in the wrong places.

-J

No comments: